Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Just about there...

What a crazy, insane, stressful, emotional month this has been!  But as I say that, the first thing on my mind is that God has definitely been in it all.  I know there is NO way any of this could have happened if it wasn't for His strength and humongous portion of grace He's covered us with. 
So, let me fill you in.

October 25 we moved out into a tiny space for 5 people to live in.  It was short lasting as the people we were renting from needed us out sooner than initially agreed to.  So, off we went to my parent's place in London.  We've been commuting the girls to their school every day - making it a lot of driving but well worth keeping them there until our departure. 

Mike's business was another hurtle.  Initially, someone had joined in partnership with him but a few weeks into that, he backed out of it and left us back to square one with figuring out what was going to happen with the business with just a month left before we would be gone.  There was a lot of emotions that came along with this as we honestly couldn't see a way to go.  So, this was up to God to do something. 

We have continually believed that this is what God wants of us.  It's been so strongly on both our hearts and the hunger to go has only grown.  It's been a journey to trust God, that's for sure!
My emotions have been pulled in all sorts of directions. To living in a basement, one bedroom home, to thinking we might not be able to go - after having SOLD just about everything we own, to not knowing where we'd be able to store our remainder belongings (Thanks Tarah and Mary!), to money concerns, to screaming needy children (yes, I'm talking about mine and also having to shower a 1 1/2 yr old is NOT fun - the basement home only had a shower to use), to having to move a 2nd time after moving out of our beloved home, to sicknesses.  Yes, it's been fun!  But, seriously - underlying all of this, there has been a gentle peace - faint at times but gave us enough sanity to get through this time
Right in the midst of this going on, I heard this song that brought a lot of comfort to me...here are the words of that:

"I lean not on my own understanding. My life is in the hands of the maker of heaven.
I give it all to you God, trusting that you will make something beautiful out of me.
I will climb this mountain with my hands wide open.
There's nothing I hold on to"

Mike met with someone interested in the business a few times and again this past weekend, Dec 1 who finally then agreed to purchase it!  Thank you Lord for making a way!  So, as I type this now, Mike is running around to organize all the final details for this. 
I'm so proud of Mike.  This has been an extremely difficult process for him.  This business has been his baby.  He has worked so hard to bring it to where it is now.  What a huge accomplishment he's made.  I'm sure he's sad to let it all go but I know his reward will be great.

So, onwards to go to serve our King!
PLEASE get in touch with us to see us before we leave! I'm working a lot but would love to see any of you before we head out!
We leave December 21, 2012 to head to Dallas, Texas where we will spend Christmas with Mike's family.  From there, we will be leaving with 3 other families that are doing the same school as us in Kona!  They all live in the Dallas area and we'll literally be 'caravanning' with them as we drive to Oakland, California.  Making stops in Albuquerque, the Grand canyon and Bakersfield, Ca. along the way. Flying out Jan 1/13.  Spending 2 days to recoup before our session begins Jan 3/13.
Hopefully we'll look happier than this car :)


Areas of Prayer:

1.  We are still in a huge financial need.  Here are more details:  SUPPORT link.  Most importantly, we are looking for monthly supporters - but again, Anything would help.

2.  Safe travels as we drive to California and that there would be NO problems at the boarder/immigration (we have lots of paperwork to backup our endeavors).

3.  That our family would adjust smoothly to our new environments

Until my next post - MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!  Enjoy this time with your families and let us never forget the gift He has given us!

No comments:

Post a Comment