Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This week has been rather interesting for me.  I feel as though there has been a slight transformation of my mind.  God is good.  He has taken a situation this week to reveal to me some amazingly powerful truths.  Perhaps a revelation that to the next person is obvious.  Things that I've known but have become real to me just now.  I thank God for this week and the things He has shown me.
He is coming for us soon.  Isn't that amazing?  I truly believe like never before that He is coming for His church in my life time. Wow.  It blows my mind that He has chosen us to live in these times.  These are times that  are going to shake our world.  Times that are serious.  Serious to make our lives right with Him and serious to make Him known. 
My eyes were opened up to the realness of His coming for us and also to His judgement.  I was reading in Revelations about judgement day.  For some reason - I can't remember ever really learning that this is huge.  Judging the life that we've lived.  God is a gracious God and so loving. He wants nothing more than for us to understand and grasp His love for us.  It is by grace that we are saved.  But He will also look at everything we have done or didn't do.  Our character.  Our motives.  Our actions. 1 Cor 3:12- 15 says "If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.  It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work.  If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward.  If it is burned up, he will suffer loss;  he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."   That's pretty deep and has challenged me.
Lord, as hard as it is, take me through Your refining fire now so that I can stand Your tests at judgement before you.  Change my heart.
A great book I've been thinking about this week but can't seem to find is "the Final Quest" by Rick Joyner.  I highly recommend this!

No comments:

Post a Comment